Hello SFB Readers,
In November, we launched our first-ever Theme Week. This is one week per month when we publish 3-5 posts around a specific theme prompt. Themes are always focused on current events and/or seasonality, but with a thought-provoking “twist.”
Our March theme was about “Luck” (different interpretations of luck and who gets it or ). You can view our March theme posts here:
For our April Theme Week, we have several Regular Contributors scheduled to publish, and we are also looking for a few top-notch guest submissions to showcase. All posts are due to firstname.lastname@example.org for review by our Prompt team by Monday, April 4th, and must follow the submission guidelines below. Here is our April theme:
In addition to following this thematic guideline for the monthly Theme Week, all submissions must meet SFB’s standard guidelines:
- All submissions are done electronically. The body of the email should contain your query letter and a short bio. The story itself should be an email attachment in .doc, .docx, or google doc format.
- Along with your story, please send us the links to any online presence you want readers to see (your blog address, facebook page, twitter handle, etc…). If we choose to publish your story, giving us these in advance will save time later.
- Submissions must be less than 2500 words.
- Submissions must be fiction. (If it’s not fiction, lie to us and tell us it is.)
- One story per submission. Please do not submit multiple stories, wait to hear back on the current submission.
- By submitting, you agree that you are solely responsible for your content and any consequences of the submissions posted.
- By submitting, you are asserting that you have all legal rights to the content you are submitting. Parents or legal guardians are solely responsible for submissions of their children.
- If we post your submission, we expect you to share it across your social media network.
- No erotica or hate.
- To submit a story to Short Fiction Break, send your story to the Short Fiction Break Prompt Team at email@example.com. Note that this is a different email address than regular story submissions.
We are excited to see what all of you come up with!